flying birds animated Pictures, Images and Photos

14 June 2010

Iris and Québec

The Iris Versicolor Linnné was adopted in the fall of 1999,  as the new floral emblem of Québec. This indigenous spring flower  grows on over half of Québec’s territory, from the St. Lawrence Valley to the shores of James Bay. The heraldic fleur-de-lis on the Québec flag was long considered the floral emblem of Québec.

You are here   Quebec

 Blue Flag (Iris versicolor Linné ) was adopted as the official flower in 1999. 

Vincent van Gogh was also an amateur of irises.  This is one of my favorite paintings:

I've joined Macro Monday at Lisa's Chaos. For more beautiful macro pictures please click here! 
 
I'm also following  Monday's Flower.  To join please click here!

Have you ever met Smiling Sally? She is the kind of person everyone would like as a friend. You can find her at Blue Monday. Just click here to see what I mean!

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful color and bokeh in that first macro image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning!! I love iris. It's nice to know that Quebec gives it its just prominence of the land!!

    Duranta Blossom is my macro shot for the week. I hope to see you visit with me if you can. Have a glorious Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a print of Van Gogh's Irises hanging in my home! Happy Blue Monday, Anne Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely post, your photos are stunning. Thank you for sharing them.

    If you have the time to stop by, my post is right here,

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Iris, its very lovely. the Van gogh is a favorite of mine. Happy Blue Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your real iris is very pretty. I love art and that one is really a great piece of work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely flower and beautiful picture. I like how you capture the water droples on the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never seen a real Iris flower. Your first picture makes me think I've seen one. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous iris; so deserving of the honor of being Quebec's emblem. I love Van Gogh's irises also!

    I adore your blog design with so many delicious images to discover. I share your sentiments about gratitude and even throw an annual party called Gratitude and Dreams:
    http://godutchbaby.blogspot.com/2009/01/gratitude-and-dreams-party.html

    Thanks for introducing me to Today's Flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How gorgeous!
    Love the Van Gogh.
    Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning, and Van Gogh is one of my favorite artists! I will never forget seeing one of his canvases for the first time. They are so amazing in the fact that he used so much paint that they almost have a dimensional effect. Just so neat! One of my first corsages from a boy was made of irises which matched a blue dress I was wearing.

    Thank you for sharing...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful irises! My grandfather used to grow them and create different kinds. Tour buses of gardeners used to stop by his house for a look. I always think of him when I see irises :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Irises are one of the most beautiful flowers and you have so eloquently captured that beauty in the photos. Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not so fond of Van Gogh, myself, but I do love irises! How lovely to have them growing wild, and adopted as your emblem!

    Love the picture of them in the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never seen that Van Gogh, and I LOVE it. The colors and shapes are beautiful.

    =)

    ReplyDelete