I'm not sure how to react to this one! Its about a company that charges 5$ a call to flatter people. Apparently its spreading like crazy! Miriam Glassman is the creator of the concept. Last week she spent 60 hours on the phone. She wont say what she's making but enough to make a living. She makes calls on your behalf. Sort of like a personal secretary. Mother is not feeling well....call Miriam and she knows how to cheer her up! Your employee reached her sales quota, she will call her with pats on the back! All this for 5$ !!! Dont believe me. Check her website: http://www.flatterme.ca/index.html
Here is part of their ad:
Top 10 Ways People Are Using Flatter Me?
(It started off with compliments but Flatter Me phone calls has become so much more. Tell us what you want. And we'll phone em' to deliver the message! Only "positive" messages though!)
1) Employee Motivation calls . Did someone do something great at work? This is a great way to encourage a job well done.
2) Cheer Me Up Calls. Know someone that is having a bad day? Feeling helpless? Flatter Me phone calls can help.
3) Apology Calls. Did something wrong? Need to do some serious sucking up to someone. This "might" help!
4) Happy Birthday Calls. Happy Valentine's Day. Happy Anniversary. Happy Father's Day. We do it all!
5) Appreciation Calls. Mom's overworked? Wanna make someone feel appreciated. We won't let them forget how valuable they are!
6) You Can Do It Calls. Know someone that has a goal? Training for a marathon? Lately, we've been doing encouragement phone calls too.
7) Santa Claus Calls. Want Santa to call your kids to get their gift list and remind them to be good? We're here for family occasions.
8) Got A Crush On You Calls. Too shy to tell that special someone you think they are amazing? Need a date this weekend? It's worked for others!
9) Custom Phone Calls. Be creative. It's like a phone-o-gram. If it is positive, we'll say it. We've delivered poems and more.
10) Holiday Greeting Calls. Wanna wish someone a happy thanksgiving? Happy New Year? We celebrate all holidays at Flatter Me!
I dont know about you but I'm not ready to outsource my personal calls yet....Its edgy but is it effective? My educated guess is that our elderly parents would not be too elated by our effortless attempt to empathise with such empty effort on our part!