flying birds animated Pictures, Images and Photos

16 March 2010

AM I SMARTER THAN A 5TH GRADER?

 They have been trying to tell me that I'm not as smart as a 5th grader...
 

but now it's the pre-schoolers?? A few weeks ago I read a post in the blogosphere where a mom went to register her child to a popular pre-school. She wrote with a lot of humor how intense the testing was. She worried that her daughter might have failed the "scissor " test.  I was in the same predicament when my children were young because I did not allow them to play with scissors until they were four. I had to go home, buy some rounded scissors and tell them that it was now OK to play with them.Animated scissors Pictures, Images and Photos  After all, their future depended on it (happy to report that they have both graduated from college LOL).    Still think pre-school tests are easy, try this:

A  PRE-SCHOOL

TEST just for you bloggers:


Which way is the bus below traveling?
To  the left or to the right?


Can't make up your mind?
Look carefully at the picture again.











Still don't know?

Pre-schoolers all over the United States

were shown this picture and asked the same question.
90% of the pre-schooler's gave this answer.

"The bus is traveling to the left."

When asked, "Why do you think the bus is traveling to the left?"

They answered: 

"
Because you can't see the door to get on the bus." 


How do you feel now???
 
Bang head against wall Pictures, Images and Photos

Yes, me too!

☆•*¨*•.¸¸❤❤¸.•*¨*•☆☆ ☆•*¨*•.¸¸❤❤¸.•*¨*•☆

10 comments:

  1. I was wrong, too. It just kills me that preschool-- PRESCHOOL-- is so competitive now. My daughter is 18 months old, and already I'm worried that because I haven't gotten her into the right pre-pre-school that she's never going to get into college. I'm ruined her for life, I'm sure :)

    I see you're new to SITS-- welcome!

    ~Elizabeth
    Confessions From A Working Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!

    Yes, I definately feel like that too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonjour WW,

    I also did not have a clue. Back to pre-schcool for us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *lol*....this is a kewl one. Kids here wud hv answered..to the right...coz we have the Brit system out here. :P


    talldarkman

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi TD,

    LOL I never thought about it. !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonjour Elizabeth,

    Life has a way of making us mothers worry non stop. I can tell you that my daughters went in very average schools from pre-school to high school. Now they are in top universities. Unless its a different story where you live I think they especially look at marks and personality.

    Anne-Marie : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to admit I was well & truly caught out with this one!
    *rounded shoulder sigh* LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jayne,

    These little buggers "nowadaze" are pretty smart. Just spend a day with them in a kindie to see what I mean. You have to remember that new mothers have them them on special intellectual development programs from the day 1. So its no surprise that they would know the answer. Back to my rocking chair....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good one! Thanks for visiting my blog, and for the nice comments you left. I studied French in school (long, long ago) and would love to experiment with my skills. Your English is wonderful!

    If you want to send me your e-mail address, perhaps we can be pen pals!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Leah,

    Perhaps you can send me yours. I have the comment approval gadget on so this way no one will see it. Let me know. Thanks for passing by! I appreciate it!

    Anne-Marie

    ReplyDelete