flying birds animated Pictures, Images and Photos

17 March 2010

PAGING DR PINSKY !!!

Today June 26th, I'm joining Chari at Sunday Favorites. 
 
"Sunday Favorites" is a Sunday meme designed to give bloggers a chance to share a favorite post from the past!!! For more information on how to join so you can  republish a past post just click here!

I need a consultation with Dr. Pinsky before this happens to me:

It looks like I'm not the only one with an addiction.  Take a look at this article:

"An annual report from a Catholic counseling service claims computer games are partly to blame for complicating wedded bliss. Troubled home life? Blame the Internet if you're using it to do work, , gamble and of course, play computer games...

 According to the Irish Examiner, the counseling service said the number of people experiencing marital problems "because of Internet use" surged 87.5 per cent from 2007 to 2009. What's more, 15 per cent of the service's clients face "huge difficulties" because of Internet-related activity."

Hi Dear Friends,


Yikes!  Blogging was not mentioned as a problem here.  PHEW!  I'm happy I will not be part of the statistics with "marital problems".   I still think I need to write Dr. Pinsky a letter;  at least, to examine my blogging behavior.  What do you think constitutes normal versus abnormal blogging behavior?  My weakness is that I spend too much time blogging.  There should be a gadget or device that would warn the blogger that his or her time is up:
LADY AT COMPUTER Pictures, Images and Photos  Well maybe not as extreme.  Anyway, Dr. Pinsky, can you come to my house?  Heavy blogging workload prevents me from leaving my home at this point....



blogger barbie Pictures, Images and Photos

☆•*¨*•.¸¸❤❤¸.•*¨*•☆☆☆•*¨*•.¸¸❤❤¸.•*¨*•☆


7 comments:

  1. Well you need to do this if you have a flatmate or partner living with you. My husband password protects the computer so I have to go to library to use it - and what with the undesirables and mental people here I only last about an hour!! If I was left at home with the comp well things would definitely take a turn for the worse. Blogging addiction is even worse than drinking or drugs because the internet is 'free' and you don't have to go out and score crack but if you can't control yourself get someone to control you lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will take your advice. I saw your You Tube video of your rehab stint in some exotic place. You had a cabbage leaf on your head. I laughed so much. But at the same I was relating so well to what you said. I agree that its very addictive. Minutes turn to hours...Thanks for stopping by Emma! Hope you come back soon! I need my daily fix...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by from SITS! It sounds like we've got a lot in common! I love your site! I'll definately be stopping by more :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh. Does Dr. Pinsky do housecalls? I think that would be more of a marital threat than computer time, personally. Interesting that social networks (facebook, etc) and CraigsList didn't make the list of Internet threats, too. Thanks for stopping by from SITS ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ashley,

    Thanks for your visit!

    Hi TDS,

    Yes, I agree, he's not hard to look at. I think when they talk about internet overuse my understanding is that they are including all my favorites: facebook, etc... Maybe I'm wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ashley you are hilarious. I could certainly see where blogging could be the next deterrent to wedded bliss. I know I spend way too much time online but to be honest if I don't read or comment on fellow bloggers posts I tend to feel some anxiety. My high-schooler said the other day that my face is always in the computer & that was a wake-up call. So I had try to set limits so real life does not pass me bye.

    I so love Blogger Barbie!
    Great post and wishing you a happy weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had such a busy week last week and didn't get to blog and boy, did I miss it! Maybe I am addicted!!

    I hope you don't mind but I have a little award waiting for you at my blog.

    Best wishes for a wonderful week,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete