flying birds animated Pictures, Images and Photos

23 March 2010

TO BE IN THE MOMENT

It was such a beautiful sun-swept day, I was puttering about in the  bedroom when suddenly this sweet sunny image appeared to me with its reflection on the wall. 

How beautiful, I thought! I wondered if I could capture the moment? The sun's rays would change in a minute. The sun is more present lately. In the springtime, the sun is back shining its beautiful rays in the front bedroom.  I'd have to hurry!

As I gathered up my camera, I found I, too, was reflecting. Thinking. Wondering. How many times had I passed by this reflection not noticing it at all. How many times had I missed the view here and elsewhere while hurriedly rushing about?

I right then and there, renewed a promise I'd made to myself long ago! I would notice and enjoy the simple treasures and my family. They are always there.  I would take the time to see and cherish the charms of ordinary days! I would look for reflections wherever they may be and hold them dear!
Have a beautiful mindful week! 

Anne-Marie


FlowersRosesPinkFloatDivider Pictures, Images and Photos

20 comments:

  1. You are absolutely right - this morning my daughter wanted an extra long hug and after a few minutes thinking of all the things I needed to get done today, I stopped and started to just listen - to her breathing, to the bird singing outside our window, and suddenly all those other things seemed far less important, as before I know it my daughter will not want extra long hugs any more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quelle belle image! Je suis heureuse d'avoir vous rencontré via nos blogs. Pardonnez-moi si je fais des fautes avec mon français. Ça fait deux ans depuis je l'ai enseigné.

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Aging Mommy,

    As I was finishing writing this post my youngest daughter walked in in tears over a difficult math test. She is 20. I gave her a long hug. She felt better. So dont worry. You will be hugging your daugher for many years to come.

    Love

    Anne-Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonjour Mandy,

    Je suis bien heureuse de ta visite. Ne t'inquiète pas au sujet des fautes. Le français est une belle langue mais elle est difficile. L'important c'est d'essayer. Merci de ta visite. J'espère que tu reviendras.

    Anne-Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely image/reflection! So many times I miss those small , too- this is a good reminder to LOOK! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This mirror is so very pretty!

    Thank you for coming by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely post today, Anne-Marie :) Thank you for reminding me to always remember the simple things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You could make me learn to love pink.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Katie,

    Thank you! I find taking pictures forces you to take a moment to reflect and therefore become part of a unique moment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Babes Mami,

    Welcome to my blog. It was fun to see you try out the new make-up. You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi TJ,

    You are welcome. I was reminded by somebody else today and it inspired me to write about it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sandy,

    Its just a phase I'm going thru to cheer me up. Probably due to spring fever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely post.

    Hugs RosieP x

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a sweet post....the beautiful roses in front of the mirror is so romantic...it makes me want to run and redecorate our bedroom right now! :)
    thank you for coming by my blog and becoming a follower....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Christy,

    Yes me too. In the spring I always want to start redecorating my whole house. Take care!
    Anne-Marie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful picture AND sentiment! Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So true, and I surely do it everyday myself...I love my home and my family, that comes first! Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Queenie,

    Thanks for visiting and yes once in a while I get sentimental. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are so very correct hon - too often, we literally don't take time to 'smell the roses' or admire a simple reflection. We (especially us wimmin) always have something to do!
    Thank you for an inspiring post :-)
    {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Jayne,

    Thanks for the (((hugs)))! Always nice to get! I'm happy you like it. It something that I also have to apply in my own life....

    Love

    Anne-Marie

    ReplyDelete